From Sasha Dolgy <sdo...@gmail.com>
Subject Aamzon EC2 & Cassandra to ebs or not..
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2011 15:27:42 GMT
Hi Everyone,

Now that I'm past the problems of IP addresses changing ... I am onto the
idea of storage.  Initially I had though that for each cassandra instance, I
should have an EBS volume to store all the cassandra data / information.
Now I'm starting to wonder if this is duplication and not necessary.  If an
instance dies, I loose anything that's not attached to EBS.  However, if the
cassandra cluster is healthy ... this shouldn't be an issue ... Is this a
correct assumption?

-sd

--
Sasha Dolgy