From Mimi Aluminium <>
Subject Re: how large can a cluster over the WAN be?
Date Sun, 06 Mar 2011 21:39:03 GMT

Please, can you help with the following? it will lead us in some design
Are you familiar with Cassandra cluster that is installed in datacenters
that are spread across the WAN? can you comment on the perfromance of such
What is the largest size of of such a cluster you are aware of?

Thanks a lot,

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 9:47 PM, Mimi Aluminium <>wrote:

>  Hi,
> Are there clusters of 100 nodes? more? Please can you refer me to such
> installations/ systems?
> Can you comment on over-the-WAN clusters in this size or less? and can you
> point on system with nodes in different DCs connected by WAN ( could be
> dedicated or internet) ?
> Thanks a lot,
> Miriam

View raw message