From Thibaut Britz <thibaut.br...@trendiction.com>
Subject Re: Upgrade to a different version?
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2011 21:40:31 GMT
Hi Paul,

It's more of a scientific mining app. We crawl websites and extract
information from these websites for our clients. For us, it doesn't really
matter if one cassandra node replies after 1 second or a few ms, as long as
the throughput over time stays high. And so far, this seems to be the case.

If you are using hector, be sure to use the latest hector version. There
were a few bugs related to error handling in earlier versions. (e.g also
threads hanging forever waiting for an answer). I occasionaly see timeouts,
but we then just move to another node and retry.

Thibaut