From Steven Liu <>
Subject Re: Write speed roughly 1/10 of expected.
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2011 20:38:38 GMT
Re: Mr. Schuller,

The test documents are very small (a few lines of text each). Test data
model is standard CF with each document correponding to a row containing
9-12 columns. We are using a single client for sequential batch_insert
(probably maps to batch mutate in phpcassa), so it is very possible that
that's the bottleneck.

Re: Mr. Hobbs,

Did you mean "which has the benefit of THRIFT-638, while 0.7.a.2 does not"
(instead of 0.7.a.3)? 0.7.a.3 was the latest version of phpcassa we could
find on github. We installed 0.7.a.3 with its C extension and didn't see an
improvement. Is there a newer version with THRIFT-638 fix?

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 4:55 PM, Tyler Hobbs <> wrote:

> (I have no idea how fast phpcassa is.)
> The current master branch (which has the benefit of THRIFT-638<>,
> while 0.7.a.3 does not) can insert about 3k individual rows a second against
> a local Cassandra instance.
> --
> Tyler Hobbs
> Software Engineer, DataStax <>