From A J <s5a...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Storing photos, images, docs etc.
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2011 20:13:58 GMT
why would you keep metadata in cassandra ? Even for millions of
documents, metadata would be very small, mysql/postgres should
suffice.

Luster ofcourse is well known and widely used along with glusterfs.
Luster I think requires kernel modifications and will be much more
complex. Also it is easier said than done that store in fs and
metadata in db. You will have to create a custom solution to integrate
and create transactions across them, avoid metadata spof, ensure
load-balance etc.