From Eric Gilmore <e...@datastax.com>
Subject Re: Installation
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2011 19:45:04 GMT
The DataStax packaged
releases<http://www.datastax.com/docs/0.7/configuration/packaged_releases>follow
standard practices for Linux-ish installation, so they might be a
good model to follow. For instance, the RHEL/CentOS package installs the
binaries (cassandra-cli, nodetool) in /usr/bin, configuration-related things
in /etc/cassandra/conf/, and start/stop scripts in /etc/init.d/ .

The installation
page<http://www.datastax.com/dev/tutorials/getting_started_0.7/installing>in
our Getting Started guide describes the breakdown in binary files that
you can download from Apache <http://cassandra.apache.org/download/> and
unpack, but in the near future we may add a more detailed description of the
package releases.