From Cameron Leach <cameron.develo...@gmail.com>
Subject Modeling Multi-Valued Fields
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2011 01:43:00 GMT
Is there a best-practice for modeling multi-valued fields (fields that are
repeated or collections of fields)? Our current data model allows for a User
to store multiple email addresses:

User {
  Integer id; //row key
  List<Email> emails;

  Email {
    String type; //home, work, gmail, hotmail, etc...
    String address;
  }
}

So if I setup a 'User' column family with an 'Email' super column, how would
one support multiple email addresses, storing values for the 'type' and
'address' column names? I've seen it suggested to have dynamic column names,
but this doesn't seem practical, unless someone can make it more clear how
that strategy would work.

Thanks!