From Peter Schuller <peter.schul...@infidyne.com>
Subject Re: How to determine if repair need to be run
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2011 17:46:46 GMT
> I just wanted to chime in here and say some people NEVER run repair.

Just so long as the OP is understanding that this implies taking an
explicit decision to accept the "misbehavior" you will see as a
result. I.e., the reason people survive not doing repairs in some
cases is, as in your case, that they can actually live with the
consequences such as old data "magically" re-appearing permanently.

> as it really increased on disk data. I have followed some threads and
> there are some conditions that I read repair can't handle. The

For one thing, RR will only touch data that is read. And not even all
data that is read at that (e.g. range slices don't imply repair).

--
/ Peter Schuller