From Sasha Dolgy <sdo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: changing ip's ...
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2011 06:43:04 GMT
One of the issues with ec2 is after a reboot.  the internal ip
changes.....this caused a a big problem for me yesterday.
On Mar 8, 2011 2:29 AM, "aaron morton" <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:
> Not this fits your problem, but if you pass
-Dcassandra.load_ring_state=false as a JVM option it will stop the node from

> It sounds like you've changed a seed ip is that correct? Not sure there
are any other implications with that.

> Can you test passing the JVM option and let me know how it goes? Modify
conf/cassandre-env.sh .

> If you're still having problems include some info from nodetool ring
>
> Aaron
>
> On 8/03/2011, at 9:12 AM, Sasha Dolgy wrote:
>
>> hi there,
>>
>> is there an easy way to 'un-mess' things when the ip of a server is
changed? updating the cassandra.yaml didn't help. when the member with the
changed ip comes up, it's fine ... but other members in the ring don't see
it and keep the old ip address regardless of the yaml changing ....