From ruslan usifov <>
Subject Re: Add node to balanced cluster?
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2011 22:01:06 GMT
2011/3/25 Eric Gilmore <>

> Ruslan, I'm not sure exactly what risks you are referring to -- can you be
> more specific?
> Do the CPU-intensive operations one at a time, including doing the cleanup
> when it will not interfere with other operations, and I think you should be
> fine, from my understanding.

I afraid about disk IO.

I think that move and cleanup opperations consume many IO, so when they run
- throughput of the cluster can degrade seriously? And this nut problem if
this operations took 5-10 minutes, but they cant run hours (1,5 - 2)  - and
this is on one node, so fully rebalance can took days with the seriouse
problems in throuput at that period.

Or i exaggerate?

View raw message