From Robert Coli <rc...@digg.com>
Subject Re: 0.7.2 choking on a 5 MB column
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2011 16:27:34 GMT
On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 6:49 PM, buddhasystem <potekhin@bnl.gov> wrote:
> I see. I'm doing something even more drastic then, because I'm only inserting
> one row in this case, and just use cf.insert(), without batch mutator. It
> didn't occur to me that was a bad idea.

Everything in a given RPC has to complete before RPC timeout or it
will except. RpcTimeoutInMillis defaults to 5 seconds. There are a lot
of things you can ask any version of cassandra to do which will take
longer than 5 seconds. It is not reccomended that you do so! ;D

=Rob
PS - Why do these buddhasystem threads always cc cassandra-user@incubator?