From Peter Schuller <peter.schul...@infidyne.com>
Subject Re: Is column update column-atomic or row atomic?
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2011 08:02:22 GMT
> Sorry for the rather primitive question, but it's not clear to me if I need
> to fetch the whole row, add a column as a dictionary entry and re-insert it
> if I want to expand the row by one column. Help will be appreciated.

As was pointed you, reading and re-inserting is definitely not the way
to go. But note that when inserting a column, there is never going to
be a guarantee that other columns are not inserted/deleted
concurrently by other writers (unless there is external
synchronization).

Your question makes me believe you're trying to ensure some kind of
consistency across multiple columns in a row. Maybe if you describe
your use-case.

--
/ Peter Schuller