From Tyler Hobbs <>
Subject Re: cant seem to figure out secondary index definition
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2011 01:10:40 GMT
On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 4:49 PM, J├╝rgen Link <>wrote:

>  Hi Roshan,
> thanks for your post. I quickly ran over it, and the only difference I can
> actually see is the compare_with type (we use TimeUUIDType).
> Any other suggestions, anyone?

You want to add an index on a CF with TimeUUIDType column names?  I think
you've probably mistaken the purpose of compare_with.

If you haven't, I think you'll need to add the index programmatically in
order to specify a non ascii/unicode column name for the index.

Tyler Hobbs
Software Engineer, DataStax <>
Maintainer of the pycassa <> Cassandra
Python client library