From Peter Schuller <peter.schul...@infidyne.com>
Subject Re: How to determine if repair need to be run
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2011 21:39:48 GMT
> So from what I am understanding is that there is no need to monitor this and
> no need to remember running repair? If that's the case then manual repair
> wouldn't be needed ever, correct?

No. See my next-to-last e-mail where I go through two reasons to run
nodetool repair, of which (a) is absolutely required in order for
Cassandra to deliver on the consistency guarantees it promises.

At this point I'm not sure how to rephrase/clarify because I'm not
really clear on where we're not understanding each other.

--
/ Peter Schuller