From Sasha Dolgy <sdo...@gmail.com>
Subject SSL & Streaming
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2011 08:21:24 GMT
Hi,

Is there documentation available anywhere that describes how one can
use org.apache.cassandra.security.streaming.* ?   After the EC2 posts
yesterday, one question I was asked was about the security of data
being shifted between nodes.  Is it done in clear text, or
encrypted..?  I haven't seen anything to suggest that it's encrypted,
but see in the source that security.streaming does leverage SSL ...

Thanks in advance for some pointers to documentation.

Also, for anyone who is using SSL .. how much of a performance impact
have you noticed?  Is it minimal or significant?

--
Sasha Dolgy
sasha.dolgy@gmail.com