From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: change node IP address
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2011 23:18:50 GMT
Can any of the dev's jump in here ? Whats best practice ?

Aaron

On 24 Mar 2011, at 08:32, Casey Deccio wrote:

> Hi Aaron,
>
> I'm using 7.3 (upgrading to 7.4).  Basically I needed to swap the IPs of two of my nodes.
 Unfortunately, after I did so, neither was accessible in the original ring anymore.  I saw
the warning message in the logs about the token being reassigned.  Maybe I didn't give it
enough time, but accessibility faltered, so I reverted the IPs of the nodes, decommissioned
them each, swapped their IPs again, then brought them back into the ring one at a time.  That
seemed to work.  I admit that I'm still quite a novice when it comes to cassandra's workings,
and since my system was unresponsive for a time, my goal was bringing it back up, and I didn't
dive into extensive analysis.

it back up with the new IP and It Just Works https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-872