From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Nodes frozen in GC
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2011 20:55:51 GMT
It's always possible to run out of memory. Can you provide...

- number cf's and their Memtable settings
- any row or key cache settings
- any other buffer or memory settings you may have changed in Cassandra.yaml.
- what load you are putting on the cluster, e.g. Inserting x rows/columns per second with
avg size y

Aaron

On 8/03/2011, at 2:39 AM, ruslan usifov <ruslan.usifov@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2011/3/6 aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com>
> Your node is under memory pressure, after the GC there is still 5.7GB in use. In fact
it looks like memory usage went up during the GC process.

> Can you reduce the memtable size, caches or the number of CF's or increase the JVM size?
Also is this happening under heavy load ?

> I have memtable size, and insert data into one CF, with biggest rowsize 1K, how it is
possible that after GC all memory is load? Meybe this is memory leak in cassandra 0.7.3?