From aaron morton <>
Subject Re: Secondary indexes
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2011 04:13:39 GMT
Info on secondary indexes

Some answers to your other questions are also in there as well as a discussion about the limitations.

Hope that helps.

On 7/03/2011, at 3:54 PM, Mark wrote:

> I haven't looked at Cassandra since 0.6.6 and now I notice in 0.7+ there is support for
secondary indexes. I haven't found much material on how these are used and when one should
use one. Can someone point me in the right direction.
> Also can these be created (and deleted) as needed without affecting the underlying CF?
If so, I'm guessing there is no need to create another CF just for indexing. What are the
disadvantages of this method?
> Thanks all.

View raw message