From Jeremy Hanna <jeremy.hanna1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Map-Reduce on top of cassandra
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2011 15:34:36 GMT
Can you go into the #cassandra channel and ask your question?  See if jeromatron or driftx
are around.  That way there can be a back and forth about settings and things.

http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#cassandra

On Mar 14, 2011, at 10:06 AM, Or Yanay wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to write some map-reduce tasks so I can find out stuff like – how many
records have X status?
> I am using 0.7.0 and have 5 nodes with ~100G of data on each node.
>
> I have written the code based on the word_count example and the map-reduce is running
successfully BUT is extremely slow (about 2 hours for the simplest key count).

( As suggested inhttp://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/HadoopSupport#ClusterConfig)