From Jeremy Hanna <jeremy.hanna1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pig output to Cassandra
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2011 17:30:14 GMT
Yep - it's usable and separate so you should be able to download 0.7-branch and build the jar
and use it against a 0.7.3 cluster.  I've been using it against a 0.7.2 cluster actually.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cassandra/branches/cassandra-0.7/

To use it, check out the readme in the contrib/pig directory in the 0.7 branch.  One trivial
example of copying one column family to another is:

rows = LOAD 'cassandra://Keyspace1/Standard1' USING CassandraStorage();
STORE rows INTO 'cassandra://Keyspace1/Standard2' USING CassandraStorage();

using the contrib/pig/pig_cassandra script (tx to brandon for that example).  Also make sure
that Standard2 exists too.

If you have any other questions talk to jeromatron (me), driftx (brandon), or mvdir (eldon)
in #cassandra or #hadoop-pig on IRC on freenode.

On Mar 10, 2011, at 11:43 PM, Mark wrote:

> Sweet! This is exactly what I was looking for and it looks like it was just resolved.
>
> Are there any working examples or documentation on this feature?
>
> Thanks
>
> On 3/10/11 8:57 PM, Matt Kennedy wrote:
>> On its way... https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-1828
>>
>> On Mar 10, 2011, at 11:17 PM, Mark wrote:
>>
>>> I thought I read somewhere that Pig has an output format that can write to Cassandra
but I am unable to find any documentation on this. Is this possible and if so can someone
please point me in the right direction. Thanks