From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Configuration for large number of inserts
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2011 20:26:07 GMT
With only 2Gb heap you are pushing things a little, see http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/MemtableThresholds
for guidelines on how to estimate the size.

- turn off key and column caches
- consider reducing the memtable ops, AFAIK throughput in MB calculates using the col values
only. So if you have lots of small columns it will take a while to trigger.
- check the min + max compaction settings sing JConsole or cassandra-cli. If compaction is
disabled you should see "Compaction is currently disabled." logged at DEBUG level
- throttle your app to allow GC to catch up

Hope that helps.
Aaron