From aaron morton <>
Subject Re: changing ip's ...
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2011 01:29:03 GMT
Not this fits your problem, but if you pass -Dcassandra.load_ring_state=false as a JVM option
it will stop the node from loading the saved endpoints. It should then rediscover them via

It sounds like you've changed a seed ip is that correct? Not sure there are any other implications
with that.

Can you test passing the JVM option and let me know how it goes? Modify conf/

If you're still having problems include some info from nodetool ring

On 8/03/2011, at 9:12 AM, Sasha Dolgy wrote:

> hi there,
> is there an easy way to 'un-mess' things when the ip of a server is changed?  updating
the cassandra.yaml didn't help.  when the member with the changed ip comes up, it's fine ...
but other members in the ring don't see it and keep the old ip address regardless of the yaml
changing ....
> -sd

View raw message