From Jonathan Colby <jonathan.co...@gmail.com>
Subject Meaning of TotalReadLatencyMicros and TotalWriteLatencyMicrosStatistics
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2011 15:11:23 GMT
Hi -

On our recently live cassandra cluster of 5 nodes, we've noticed that the latency readings,
especially Reads have gone up drastically.

TotalReadLatencyMicros 		5413483
TotalWriteLatencyMicros		1811824

I understand these are in microseconds, but what meaning do they have for the performance
of the cluster?   In other words what do these numbers actually measure.

In our case, it looks like we have  a read latency of 5.4 seconds, which is very troubling
if I interpret this correctly.

Are reads really taking an average of 5 seconds to complete??