From Jeffrey Wang <jw...@palantir.com>
Subject pig counting question
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2011 18:16:50 GMT
Hey all,

I'm trying to run a very simple Pig script against my Cassandra cluster (5 nodes, 0.7.3).
I've gotten it all set up and working, but the script is giving me some strange results. Here
is my script:

rows = LOAD 'cassandra://Keyspace/ColumnFamily' USING CassandraStorage();
rowct = FOREACH rows GENERATE $0, COUNT($1);
dump rowct;

If I understand Pig correctly, this should output (row name, column count) tuples, but I'm
always seeing 1024 for the column count even though the rows have highly variable number of
columns. Am I missing something? Thanks.

-Jeffrey