From Jeffrey Wang <jw...@palantir.com>
Subject get_range_slices perf
Date Sun, 13 Mar 2011 23:11:52 GMT
Hey all,

I'm trying to get a list of all the rows from a column family using get_range_slices retrieving
no actual columns. I expected this operation to be pretty quick, but it seems to take a while
(5-node 0.7.0 cluster takes 20 min to page through 60k keys 1000 at a time). It's not completely
clear to me from the code, but is there a lot of SSTable reading involved when getting just
the row names? And is this the best way to read all of the row names in a CF? Thanks.

-Jeffrey