From Paul Pak <p...@yellowseo.com>
Subject Re: Upgrade to a different version?
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2011 17:53:24 GMT
On 3/17/2011 1:06 PM, Thibaut Britz wrote:
> If it helps you to sleep better,
>
> we use cassandra  (0.7.2 with the flush fix) in production on > 100
> servers.
>
> Thibaut

Thanks Thibaut, believe it or not, it does. :)

Is your use case a typical web app or something like a scientific/data
mining app?  I ask because I'm wondering how you have managed to deal
with the stop-the-world garbage collection issues that seems to hit most
clusters that have significant load and cause application timeouts.
Have you found that cassandra scales in read/write capacity reasonably
well as you add nodes?

Also, you may also want to backport these fixes at a minimum?

 * reduce memory use during streaming of multiple sstables (CASSANDRA-2301)
 * update memtable_throughput to be a long (CASSANDRA-2158)