From Mark <static.void....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pig output to Cassandra
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2011 18:33:59 GMT
I'll give it a try. Thanks alot!

On 3/11/11 9:30 AM, Jeremy Hanna wrote:
> Yep - it's usable and separate so you should be able to download 0.7-branch and build
the jar and use it against a 0.7.3 cluster.  I've been using it against a 0.7.2 cluster actually.

> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cassandra/branches/cassandra-0.7/
>
> To use it, check out the readme in the contrib/pig directory in the 0.7 branch.  One
trivial example of copying one column family to another is:

> rows = LOAD 'cassandra://Keyspace1/Standard1' USING CassandraStorage();
> STORE rows INTO 'cassandra://Keyspace1/Standard2' USING CassandraStorage();
>
> using the contrib/pig/pig_cassandra script (tx to brandon for that example).  Also make
sure that Standard2 exists too.

> If you have any other questions talk to jeromatron (me), driftx (brandon), or mvdir (eldon)
in #cassandra or #hadoop-pig on IRC on freenode.

> On Mar 10, 2011, at 11:43 PM, Mark wrote:
>
>> Sweet! This is exactly what I was looking for and it looks like it was just resolved.
>>
>> Are there any working examples or documentation on this feature?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> On 3/10/11 8:57 PM, Matt Kennedy wrote:

Cassandra but I am unable to find any documentation on this. Is this possible and if so can
someone please point me in the right direction. Thanks