From Chris Burroughs <chris.burrou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reducing memory footprint
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2011 19:03:37 GMT
On 03/04/2011 01:53 PM, Casey Deccio wrote:
> I have a small ring of cassandra nodes that have somewhat limited memory
> capacity for the moment.  Cassandra is eating up all the memory on these
> nodes.  I'm not sure where to look first in terms of reducing the foot
> print.  Keys cached?  Compaction?
>
> Any hints would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Casey

What do you mean by "eating up the memory"?  Resident set size, low
memory available to page cache, excessive gc of the jvm's heap?

Are you saying: that you want a smaller heap and what settings to change
to accommodate that, or that you have already set a small heap of x and
Cassandra is using significantly more than that?