From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: get_range_slices perf
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2011 01:11:51 GMT
What are you using for the SlicePredicate with get_range_slices() ? What sort of performance
are you getting for each request (client and server side)?

Even if you are asking for zero columns, there is still a lot of work to be done when performing
a range scan. e.g. Each SSTable must be checked and the columns reduced to the current view.
At first glance this does not look right though.

I think the more SSTables and the more tombstones you have, the worse the performance will
be.

Hope that helps.
Aaron

On 14 Mar 2011, at 12:11, Jeffrey Wang wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I’m trying to get a list of all the rows from a column family using get_range_slices
retrieving no actual columns. I expected this operation to be pretty quick, but it seems to
take a while (5-node 0.7.0 cluster takes 20 min to page through 60k keys 1000 at a time).
It’s not completely clear to me from the code, but is there a lot of SSTable reading involved
when getting just the row names? And is this the best way to read all of the row names in
a CF? Thanks.