From <Jeremy.Truel...@barclayscapital.com>
Subject Compaction Thresholds Discrepancies In Tools
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 15:03:53 GMT
When I do a

bin/nodetool -h localhost getcompactionthreshold MyKeySpace MyColumnFamily

I get the following(which is what I set the CF to)

Current compaction thresholds for MyKeySpace / MyColumnFamily:
min = 4,  max = 24

when I run the cassandra-cli for my column family I see

Compaction min/max thresholds: 4/32

Which is the correct one? Also is there an easy way to set the compaction thresholds globally?
The nodetool only seems to impact the current host you're operating on.

This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected
to the foregoing.  Barclays Capital is the investment banking division of Barclays Bank PLC,
Place, London, E14 5HP.  This email may relate to or be sent from other members of the Barclays
Group.