From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: What would be a good strategy for Storing the large text contents like blog posts in Cassandra.
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2011 21:08:45 GMT
You can fill your boots.

So long as your boots have a capacity of 2 billion.

Background ...
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/LargeDataSetConsiderations

http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/CassandraLimitations

http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/article/373483/new_cassandra_can_pack_two_billion_columns_into_row/

aaron

On 8/03/2011, at 4:57 AM, Jean-Christophe Sirot <jean-christophe.sirot@cryptolog.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On 03/06/2011 06:35 PM, Aditya Narayan wrote:
>> Next, I also need to store the blogComments which I am planning to
>> store all, in another single row. 1 comment per column. Thus the
>> entire information about the a single comment like  commentBody,
>> commentor would be serialized(using google Protocol buffers) and
>> stored in a single column,
>
> Is there any limitation/issue in having a signle row with a lot of columns? For instance,
can I have millions of columns in a single row?