From aaron morton <>
Subject Re: How does one node communicate with the other node?
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2011 00:34:01 GMT
The internode messages are custom binary format. In the code it's in the package,
the Message class is the thing sent around. MessageService is the main guy handling incoming
and outgoing messages.

The node listens on the storage_port and listen_address as set in conf/cassandra.yaml

Hope that helps.

On 16 Mar 2011, at 12:44, Joshua Partogi wrote:

> Hi there,
> I am trying to understand the underlying architecture of cassandra.
> How does one node communicate with other node? Does cassandra use
> Thrift or JMX to communicate with other node?
> Kind regards,
> Joshua.
> --

View raw message