From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Reducing memory footprint
Date Sun, 06 Mar 2011 03:37:35 GMT
There is some additional memory usage in the JVM beyond that Heap size, in the permanent generation.
900mb sounds like too much for that, but you can check by connecting with JConsole and looking
at the memory tab. You can also check the heap size there to see that it's under the value
you've set.

Check you are using standard disk access (in conf/cassandra.yaml) rather than memory mapped
access. However the memory mapped memory is reported as virtual memory, not resident. So I'm
just mentioning it to be complete.

If you think you've configured things correctly and the JVM is not behaving (which is unlikely)
please include some information on the JVM and OS versions and some hard numbers about what
the process is using.

Hope that helps.
Aaron