From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: design cassandra issue client when moving from version 0.6.* to 0.7.3
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2011 11:26:23 GMT
There should only be one active request on the socket at a time. Otherwise things could get
confused on the server side.

Also is there a reason you are not calling CassandraClient::multiget_slice ?

Aaron

On 29 Mar 2011, at 10:59, Anurag Gujral wrote:

> Hi All,
>          I am currently porting a cassandra c++ client from 0.6.*  to 0.7.3. The c++
client I had in 0.6.* used to function
> conn->client->send_multiget_slice which used to take as parameter cseqid.
> The sign of the function in 0.6.* was
> void CassandraClient::send_multiget_slice(const std::string& keyspace, const std::vector<std::string>
& keys, const ColumnParent& column_parent, const SlicePredicate& predicate, const
ConsistencyLevel consistency_level, const int32_t cseqid)

> Incase the function send_multiget_slice did not return sucess. The code used to wait
on the socket by calling select and use to read data if the data  was available using recv_multiget_slice
provided cseqid passed to send_multiget_slice was same as that in the call to function