From Eric Evans <>
Subject Re: Ditching Cassandra
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2011 04:46:53 GMT
On Tue, 2011-03-29 at 20:56 -0500, Colin wrote:
> Are you saying that 8 will or not be compatible with 7?

You will be able to perform a rolling upgrade from 0.7.x to 0.8.  That
is to say, you'll be able to upgrade each node one at a time, mixing 0.7
and 0.8 nodes until the upgrade is complete.

> If not, would you recommend waiting until 8?  We have done an awful
> lot of work, have an awful  lot of work left, and have become very
> frustrated.

If you're interested in exploring the CQL route, and if your time-line
permits it, that's what I would do.

> Any idea on when 8 will be available?

Provided nothing crops up, we'll freeze on April 11th (2 weeks from
yesterday), and release on the week of May 9th (4 weeks later).

Eric Evans

View raw message