From buddhasystem <>
Subject Re: Reading whole row vs a range of columns (pycassa)
Date Sat, 19 Mar 2011 03:22:34 GMT
As I'm working on this further, I want to understand this:

Is it advantageous to flatten data in blocks (strings) each containing a
series of objects, if I know that a serial object read is often likely, but
don't want to resort to OPP? I worked out the optimal granularity, it seems.
Is it better to read a serialized single column with 100 objects than a row
consisting of a hundred columns each modeling an object?

Sent from the mailing list archive at

View raw message