From mcasandra <>
Subject Storing photos, images, docs etc.
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 18:43:38 GMT
Is it advisable or ok to store photos, images and docs in cassandra where you
expect high volume of uploads and views?

I was reading about facebook implementation of haystack to store the photos.
They don't put anything in their mysql db.

Since Cassandra is different from mysql I was wondering if it's ok or if
there are going to be any issues.

I tried searching online to read articles or papers on similar subject but
couldn't find any where cassandra was being used to store docs/images etc.

Sent from the mailing list archive at

View raw message