From "Colin" <colpcl...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Ditching Cassandra
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2011 04:55:12 GMT
Thank you Eric.  I appreciate it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Evans [mailto:eevans@rackspace.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 11:47 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Ditching Cassandra

On Tue, 2011-03-29 at 20:56 -0500, Colin wrote:
> Are you saying that 8 will or not be compatible with 7?

You will be able to perform a rolling upgrade from 0.7.x to 0.8.  That is to say, you'll be
able to upgrade each node one at a time, mixing 0.7 and 0.8 nodes until the upgrade is complete.

> If not, would you recommend waiting until 8?  We have done an awful
> lot of work, have an awful  lot of work left, and have become very
> frustrated.

If you're interested in exploring the CQL route, and if your time-line permits it, that's
what I would do.

> Any idea on when 8 will be available?

Provided nothing crops up, we'll freeze on April 11th (2 weeks from yesterday), and release
on the week of May 9th (4 weeks later).

--
Eric Evans
eevans@rackspace.com