Silly me.  On windows it has to be changed in $CASSANDRA_HOME/bin/cassandra.bat

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 5:39 PM, Sasha Dolgy <sdolgy@gmail.com> wrote:

An instance of Cassandra starts and is listening on the ports described below:

Port Description Defined In
9160 Client traffic via the Thrift protocol cassandra.yaml
7000 Cluster traffic via gossip cassandra.yaml
8080 Port for monitoring attributes via JMX cassandra.in.sh
My $CASSANDRA_HOME/conf/cassandra.in.sh has no configuration for JMX.

In $CASSANDRA_HOME/conf/cassandra-env.sh :

JMX_PORT="8080"

When I change this, the port change isn't reflected.

I am starting cassandra with:  cassandra -f

I'd like to change the default port...
-sd

--
Sasha Dolgy