From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Basic Cassandra Architecture questions
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2011 01:59:44 GMT
Take a look at the introduction here http://thelastpickle.com/2011/02/07/Introduction-to-Cassandra/

I've tried to cover the basic how the cluster works questions. Let me know if you have any
suggestions on how I can improve it.

Short answer is a Gossip protocol is used, every node knows about every other node in the
cluster. They share this information with a set number of other nodes around the cluster every
second.

Aaron