From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: How do secondary indices work
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2011 20:23:14 GMT
AFAIK this was the ticket the original work was done under

also  http://www.datastax.com/docs/0.7/data_model/secondary_indexes
and  http://pycassa.githubcom/pycassa/tutorial.html#indexes may help

(sorry on reflection the email prob did not need to be moved from dev, my bad)
Aaron

On 09 Feb, 2011,at 09:16 AM, Aaron Morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:

Moving to the user group.

On 08 Feb, 2011,at 11:39 PM, altanis@ceid.upatras.gr wrote:

Hello,

I'd like some information about how secondary indices work under the hood.

1) Is data stored in some external data structure, or is it stored in an
actual Cassandra table, as columns within column families?
2) Is data stored sorted or not? How is it partitioned?
3) How can I access index data?

Thanks in a advance,

Alexander Altanis