From George Ciubotaru <george.ciubot...@skillpages.com>
Subject Column family cannot be removed
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2011 12:05:23 GMT
Hello guys,

I'm trying to remove a column family but without success.

I have a simple 3 nodes Cassandra 0.7 cluster, a keyspaces with replication factor 2 and a
super column within this keyspace with around 200,000 rows. I'm using cassandra-cli:

-          drop column family CFName; throws the following exception: "java.io.IOException:
Cannot run program "ln": java.io.IOException: error=12, Cannot allocate memory"

-          truncate CFName; immediately responds with "null"

-          drop keyspace KSName; also throws the above exception

I can remove without any problem a newly created column family.

Any idea of what might be wrong?

Thank you in advance,
George