From Robert Coli <rc...@digg.com>
Subject Re: What is the most solid version of Cassandra? No secondary indexes needed.
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2011 01:13:16 GMT
On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 11:40 AM, buddhasystem <potekhin@bnl.gov> wrote:
> So, if I don't need indexes, what is the most stable, reliable version of
> Cassandra that I can put in production? I'm seeing bug reports here and some
> sound quite serious, I just want something that works day in, day out.

Note : the following is my opinion only, and likely does not represent
the view of the Apache Cassandra project.

The most stable/production ready version of Cassandra is :

0.6.8

I have to say 0.6.8 instead of 0.6.6, because 0.6.8 contains the
(0.6.7-era) patch from CASSANDRA-1676, without which streaming is
broken. However.. 0.6.7 and 0.6.8 contain non-bugfix patches, and in
0.6.7's case there is a regression in that non-bugfix patch. Versions
of the 0.6 branch above 0.6.9 contain still more non-bugfix patches
and regressions. All extant 0.7 releases (0.7.0, 0.7.1) contain major
bugs. The most stable/safe version is, therefore, likely to be
"0.6.6+1676". If you are uncomfortable patching 1676 into 0.6.6
yourself, use 0.6.8.

=Rob