From Edward Capriolo <edlinuxg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Default Listen Port
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 21:09:05 GMT
On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 4:00 PM,  <Jeremy.Truelove@barclayscapital.com> wrote:
> What’s the easiest way to change the port nodes listen for comm on from
> other nodes? It appears that the default is 8080 which collides with my
> tomcat server on one of our dev boxes. I tried doing something in
> cassandra.yaml like
>

> listen_address: 192.1.fake.2:7777
>

> but that doesn’t work it throws an exception. Also can you not put the
> actual name of servers in the config or does it always have to be the actual
> ip address currently? Thanks.
>

> jt

> This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or
> otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of
> this e-mail, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete
> it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in
> error. Unless specifically indicated, this e-mail is not an offer to buy or
> sell or a solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or
> other financial product or service, an official confirmation of any
> transaction, or an official statement of Barclays. Any views or opinions
> presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
> those of Barclays. This e-mail is subject to terms available at the
> following link: www.barcap.com/emaildisclaimer. By messaging with Barclays
> you consent to the foregoing.  Barclays Capital is the investment banking
> division of Barclays Bank PLC, a company registered in England (number
> 1026167) with its registered office at 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP.
> This email may relate to or be sent from other members of the Barclays
> Group.

You are having a collision on 8080 which is the default JMX port.

In conf/cassandra-env.sh
look for JMX_PORT="8080"

9160 is the thrift port used by clients
7000 is the storage port (used between nodes)

If you change the jmx port you have specify it when using nodetool,
'nodetool -h localhost -p <new port> ring'