From A J <s5a...@gmail.com>
Subject Coordinator node
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2011 20:45:16 GMT
>From my reading it seems like the node that the client connects to becomes
the coordinator node. Questions:

1. Is it true that the write first happens on the coordinator node and then
the coordinator node propagates it to the right primary node and the
replicas ? In other words if I have a 2G write, would the 2G be transferred
first to the coordinator node or is it just a witness and just waits for the
transfer to happen directly between the client and required right nodes ?

2. How do you load-balance between the different nodes to give all equal
chance to become co-ordinator node ? Does the client need a sort of
round-robin DNS balancer ? if so, what if some of the nodes drop off. How to
inform the DNS balancer  ?
Or do I need a proper load balancer in front that looks at the traffic on
each node and accordingly selects a co-ordinator node ? What is more
pervalent ?

Thanks.