From Robert Coli <rc...@digg.com>
Subject Re: Help with Error on reading sstable
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2011 17:21:36 GMT
On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 4:32 AM, Jake Maizel <jake@soundcloud.com> wrote:
> I'm getting this error after a space problem caused issues during a
> repair operation on one of six nodes in our cluster:
> I am thinking that there was a failure with writing out an SSTable
> because of space and now its corrupt.

If this is the case, the easiest way to get this node back up is to
simply remove the corrupt SSTable from the datadir temporarily and to
try to recover its data offline.

> Also, the repair caused a huge amount of disk to be used and therefore ran out.

> Currently, is there a way to clear space in this situation?  Would running a clean up
> help?

If your disk is still full, it's going to be difficult for you to
complete a cleanup compaction. However if you are able to do so, I
believe it would in fact help.

> Running ver 0.6.6.

0.6.6 does not contain the patch from :

And is therefore highly unlikely to successfully repair except by
accident. If your intent is to successfully repair, I strongly suggest
either upgrading to 0.6.8 (which contains the imo critical 1676, but
not the important-but-not-critical-1674) or just patching 1676 and
1674 into 0.6.6.

=Rob