From Anthony John <chirayit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cassandra as session store
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 17:57:38 GMT
Not a concern - and here is why:-

>From the wiki arch section captioned below - eventual consistency does not
have to mean inconsistent reads. The concern is the overhead for consistent
reads. But remember in the use case being cited, the expensive read will
happen only during failover, not all the time.

More specifically: R=read replica count W=write replica count N=replication
factor Q=*QUORUM* (Q = N / 2 + 1)

   -

   If W + R > N, you will have consistency
   - W=1, R=N