From Robert Coli <>
Subject Re: Cassandra memory consumption
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2011 19:16:57 GMT
On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 7:12 AM, Victor Kabdebon
<> wrote:
> Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I think the overhead you can
> expect is something like :

MemTableThroughtPutInMB * <JavaOverheadFudgeFactor> * <maximum likely
number of such memtables which might exist at once, due to flushing

JavaOverHeadFudgeFactor is "at least 2".

The maximum likely number of such memtables is usually roughly "3"
when considered across an assortment of columnfamilies with different
write patterns.

>  but I don't know when BinaryMemTableThroughputInMb come into account..

BinaryMemTable options are only considered when using the Binary
Memtable interface. If you don't know what that is, you're not using

View raw message