From Roshan Dawrani <>
Subject Updating/inserting into multiple column families using one mutator batch
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2011 20:11:15 GMT

Is it ok to update / insert into multiple column families (some regular,
some related super column families) using in one batch?

I earlier had a few separates mutator.execute() calls hitting these CFs, but
I am trying to merge them into a bigger batch.

The issue I am facing is that the smaller batches used to get executed
perfectly, but with the combined one, the updates just hang !

I am not pin-pointing the issue anywhere at this time. I just want to know
if it is normal to update multiple CFs in a batch and if there is deadlock
situation that may arise if that is done.

Twitter: @roshandawrani <>
Skype: roshandawrani

View raw message