From Edward Capriolo <edlinuxg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Replica details
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2011 21:32:09 GMT
On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 1:41 PM, A J <s5alye@gmail.com> wrote:
> Where can I get good detailed explanation of the various replication
> options (Simple, Old Network and Network) along with snitches. I did
> read the definitive guide but not really satisfied.
>
> Is there a good post somewhere explaining this ?
>
> I will have 4 datacenters (assume) and 3 nodes in each DC. I wish to
> have one and only one copy of complete database in each DC. I wish to
> understand how will the ring placement look like.
>
> Thanks.
> AJ

I hate to break this to you, but the Definite Guide probably has the
best information (including diagrams) out there (that I know of).
Because of all the possible permutations of multi-datacenter setups it
is going to be difficult to find some doc/presentation that describes
EXACTLY what you want to do and how it will work. Here are some hints:
You can setup a simulation cluster. Give each host ips such as
127.0.0.1 127.0.0.2 since you do not have to explicitly configure
those on a single host. Set the XMX low for each instance. Run in
foreground and/or set your logging to verbose so you can debug which
nodes data land on.